Recent Posts

Friday, November 13, 2015

Custom Victorian Ridler Costume


Through my Etsy shop, Yes2Years Fashions, I am starting a Custom Order for a Victorian Ridler Costume. 







DESIGN: The client provided inspiration pieces for the design and together we compiled a custom look, which will include a skirt, vest, bolero, and a tie-on bustle skirt.  

The customer will add the "?" marks onto the costume herself.

I am excited to start this project... 

...Follow along while I complete the outfit!
Target ship date is the first week in January. 

(click on READ MORE to see updates!)



11/13/15: Fabric arrived! 
I am using a crepe-back satin for all pieces, with lace accents.  Originally the client suggested something with a stretch, but I was not happy with any of the available knits, and a stretch velvet would alter the look too much.

Now onto patterning.





11/16/15: Ridler Skirt update


Almost done- just need to enclose the ruffle tier seam on the inside (all seams are finished so option to reverse the skirt to the shiny satin side!), and needs pressed.

(color photographed a bit off- it IS Kelly Ridler Green!)

No comments: